WFTV 2012 Summer Splash Sweepstakes
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the WFTV 2012 Summer Splash Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to residents of Central Florida (Orange, Seminole, Osceola, Brevard, Sumter, Lake, Volusia, Flagler, and Marion Counties) who are 18 years or older at the time of entry”. Employees of WFTV, Inc. (“Sponsor”), David Maus Automotive Group, Gatorland, Wet N Wild, Husdon’s Furniture, McDonalds, Lakeridge Winery, Dale’s Seasonings, FidoPharm, Papa Johns, and each of their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, grandchildren and in-laws, regardless of where they live.
3. How To Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin at 11:30a,m. (E.T.)] on June 1st, 2012 and end at 11:59 p.m. (E.T.)] on September 3rd, 2012. (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor will be the official timekeeper for the Sweepstakes.
For mail entry: To enter, hand print your first and last name, phone number, address, date of birth and email address on a postcard or 3” x 5” card or piece of paper and mail it to Summer Splash Sweepstakes 2012 P.O. Box 999, Orlando, FL, 32802. All entries must be postmarked by September 3rd, 2012 and received no later than September 10th 2012. No facsimiles or mechanical reproductions permitted. Only one (1) entry per outer stamped envelope.
For in-person entry: Enter in person by visiting the WFTV/WRDQ Studios during normal business hours (M-F 9a-5p) at 490 E. South St. Orlando, FL 32801 or by submitting to one of our prize personale at our weekend events and completing an Official Entry Form, and depositing your entry form in the designated entry box. For a complete list of where our prize team will be, visit wftv.com/contests for weekly updates.
You may enter the Sweepstakes as often as you like but a maximum of one (1) prize will be awarded per person. Enter as often as you like provided that multiple entries by means of software-generated or other automated processes will be disregarded.
The use of multiple identities and/or accounts is prohibited, and any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of entries will void that participant’s entries and may result in participant’s disqualification. Incomplete, forged, altered, automated, mechanically-reproduced, lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, garbled or illegible entries will be disqualified. Sponsor will not be responsible for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender, Sponsor, or Sponsor’s Sweepstakes application service provider. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent, provided that such person satisfies all other Sweepstakes eligibility requirements. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account.
All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
4. Winner Selection and Odds. On or about Semptember 11th, 2012 Sponsor will select one (1) potential Grand Prize Winner, one (1) potential First Prize Winner, one (1) potential Second Prize Winner, one (1) potential Third Prize Winner, one (1) potential Fourth Prize Winner and one (1) potential Fifth Prize Winner in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
5. Prize Description. One (1) Grand Prize: Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, one (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive 2012 Volkswagen Jetta from David Maus Volkswagen (ARV: $18,785). Winner’s receipt of the Grand Prize 2012 VW Jetta is contingent upon proof of valid driver’s license and eligibility to obtain automobile liability insurance. 2012 VW Jetta will have been used for promotional purposes and may have mileage and hours. Winner of 2012 WV Jetta will be responsible for any charges for license and registration fees, insurance and all applicable taxes on 2012 VW Jetta and all other costs of use and possession of an automobile.
One (1) First Prize: Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, one (1) First Prize Winner will receive Four (4) Annual Passes to Wet N Wild (ARV: $ 359.80).
One (1) Second Prize: Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, one (1) Second Prize Winner will receive Gatorland Family Fun Pack including 4 Screamin Gator Zipline Passes, 4 Gatorland Park Passes and a goodie bag. (ARV: $347.96)
One (1) Third Prize: Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, one (1) Third Prize Winner will receive Hudson’s Furniture $500 Gift Card. (ARV: $500.00) Gift card issuer terms and conditions may apply.
One (1) Fourth Prize: Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, one (1) Fourth Prize Winner will receive a $500 cash prize.
One (1) Fifth Prize: Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, one (1) Fifth Prize Winner will receive a Goodman 3 Ton A/C unit- SSZ16 from Appliance Direct. (ARV: $3,080.00)
Limit: One (1) prize per person and per household. Total ARV of all prizes to be awarded in the Sweepstakes: $23,670.76
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Potential winners will be notified on or about September 12th, 2012 at the telephone number provided on the potential winner’s entry form.
In order to claim a prize, potential winner must respond to Sponsor’s notification within forty-eight (48) hours of notice or attempted notice.
To claim his/her prize, the potential winner must personally visit Sponsor’s offices at 490 E. South St. within five (5) business days after notification (office visits must be between the hours of 9 a.m. (E.S.T.) and 5 p.m. (E.S.T.) weekdays) and must present a valid government-issued photo ID.
Potential winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law), which must be notarized and returned within forty-eight (48) hours.
Sponsor’s inability to reach a potential winner after a reasonable (as solely determined by Sponsor) effort has been made, the failure of a potential winner to timely respond to a prize notification, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, the inability of winner and his/her guest to travel within the time period specified by Sponsor, and/or a potential winner’s failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in the potential winner’s disqualification and the selection of a substitute winner by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor will conduct up to Two (2) alternate drawings, after which the prize will remain unawarded.
A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY.
A winner may waive the right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes or components of prize packages with a prize or component of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a prize. Winner may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Sponsor. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Publicity. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes the winner’s irrevocable consent to the publication or other use by Sponsor and its licensees of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media, including the Internet, for any commercial, publicity or promotional purpose, without limitation, review or approval, or additional compensation.
8. Participation. By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any Sweepstakes judges or administrators selected by Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Proof of sending or submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
9. Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, COX MEDIA GROUP, INC., COX ENTERPRISES, INC., WFTV, Inc. (“Sponsor”), David Maus Automotive Group, Gatorland, Wet N Wild, Husdon’s Furniture, McDonalds, Lakeridge Winery, Dale’s Seasonings, FidoPharm, Papa Johns AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE.
10. Limitations of Liability. By PARTICIPATING IN the Sweepstakes, PARTICIPANTs acknowledge and agree that EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE WEB SITE AND THE prize(S), ARE provided “as is” and that Sponsor makes no representations or warranties OF ANY KIND, express or implied, about the Prize(S) and sponsor hereby DISCLAIMS all such warranties, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by PARTICIPANTs, printing OR PRODUCTION errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or EMPLOYED in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, or the notification of any winner; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from A PARTICIPANT’S participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate eligible prize claims.
11. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
12. Sponsor. The WFTV 2012 Summer Splash Sweepstakes is sponsored by WFTV, Inc. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners (available after September 30th, 2012 or a copy of these Official Rules, visit www.wftv.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), WFTV 2012 Summer Splash Sweepstakes, 490 E South St. Orlando, FL 32801. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Ashley Williams, 490 E South St. Orlando, FL 32801.